
Quick update: I keep forgetting to write down my dreams when I awaken! Though, I have been very happy lately, and when I sleep I'm not sure if I dream. Tuesday night was definitely not a dreaming night, as I believe I was living a dream by being awake. *angelic grin*
On a side note, work has been very interesting lately. The Winter Wine Festival at the Wentworth is in full swing. Last weekend we had the Kendall Jackson dinner, featuring truffles from Susan Rice in North Carolina, and prepared by one of America's few Master Chefs, Ken Arnone. Except the dessert, of course, which was prepared by Tyler, Sarah, and myself. Here is what we did:
Orange Cinnamon Poundcake with Chopped Pecans and White Wine Simple Syrup
Cherry Basil Compote
Truffle and Honey Ice Cream with Truffle Nibs on an Apple Chip
DELISH! We also made some breads, a caramelized onion, thyme, and feta cheese focaccia, and a rosemary hard roll. I'm still working on my ciabatta recipe, but it's not coming out quite right for me... My baguette skills, however, are flourishing.
Starting to prepare for Valentine's Day at the Wentworth. Menu is written and now we have to work on our plate designs and minor details. Tyler is getting ready to head to Miami on vacation for 9 days, so I will be running the show (yay! and yikes!). Hopefully the time passes quickly, as I am already hearing the call of my name echoing from the mountains of Vermont, and I only just returned yesterday morning...
"Coooommmme baaaaaackkkkk.....we miiiisssssssss yooooooouuuuuuuuuuu....."
ReplyDeletewhoa, did you hear that? it's like the mountains just up and talked! apparently they're also mind readers, too, since that's exactly what I was thinking ;)