Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Biggest Storm of the Year that Never Happened

I love meteorologists. I love how they predict the worst. And then I love how wrong they are! Today's snowstorm was supposed to rival that of what was dumped on Washington D.C. last weekend. Hold on one second, let me reach over... and pull my curtains aside... and check the weather...

...*gasp* I see it! A light dusting of snow on the ground! Sweet! I hope work gets postponed tomorrow!

Ok, I'm being facetious. Work never gets postponed, not for snow, ice, rain, hail, or brimstone. So tomorrow, I will awaken at the beckoning of my alarm clock, dress in my very best uniform, and head back to my very own personal Hell. Tomorrow is my day off. *Sigh* Raise your hand if you didn't see this coming: my boss is on vacation in Miami. His flight home to Boston this evening was postponed due to "inclement weather". He won't be returning until 9:30pm tomorrow, leaving Yours Truly to cover his morning shift tomorrow. The things I do for my 'Ler. Friday is my other day off. I will be arriving at work around 4pm to help out with the Winter Wine Festival event. Then this weekend we will be feeding... Oh, 900 some-odd people in total. Guess who is going to be INHALING espresso this weekend?!

Oh right, the Valentine's Day Brunch menu. I promised to post it. It's still in the works, but here is what I have thus far:
  • "Key To My Heart" Lime Tart
  • "I'm Nuts For You" Turtle Tart
  • "Head Over Heels" Pineapple Upside-Down Tea Cakes
  • "Berry Much In Love" Berry Shooters (mixed berry soup)
  • Chocolate Covered Strawberries
  • "Cupid's Kisses" Meringue Cookies
  • Conversation Sugar Cookie Hearts
  • Chocolate Strawberry Torte
  • White Chocolate "Amour" Cake
  • Chocolate Eclairs
Many thanks and even more kisses go out to my VT Teddy Bear for his suggestions and creativity... for which he will be rewarded when he comes to NH for a visit very, very soon! *Insert excited, giggly, bouncy, anxious smile here!*

No comments:

Post a Comment