I had a dream last night! Believe it or not! :-) Lately I have been so utterly exhausted in my waking hours that I never remember what I dream, or even if I do. But last night was exciting and thrilling, and I awoke hours before my scheduled alarm with a gasp, delightfully realizing that my dream was so good that it affected me physically as well as emotionally. I was out of breath, energized, and ready to go!
What was the dream? you may ask. Picture this: a chilly, sunny day, miles and miles of fluffy white snow, comfortable ski boots, a quick ride up the side of a mountain on a ski lift, and then at the top - ah! An endless view of blue sky, white cotton clouds, and snow-peaked mountains glistening in the sunlight. Wintry nature, as far as the eye can see.
I dreamed I was skiing in Vermont. :-)
I swear I could still feel the rush of wind on my face as I slid down the mountain, graceful and cat-like on my skis (which proves that it was, in fact, a dream, as I am anything but graceful and cat-like while on skis...). The biting cold that kissed my red cheeks, the winter sun warming my shoulders and back, and the feel of the frozen ground cutting beneath my skis. It felt so real! It was a bit of a disappointment to awake, tangled among the bedsheets and fleece blankets, to realize that I wasn't on a mountaintop in Vermont, but alone in my bed beside the ocean. *Sigh* Oh well, maybe someday soon....
In the meantime, I am kept busy at the Wentworth. A week ago, I spent three wonderful days with my Burlington Bear, relaxing, reading, exploring... Poor Bear was having a bit of a rough week, so I baked him some cookies to try and cheer his spirits. I had a job interview with Laura at The Essex, which is a beautiful little resort in Essex, right outside of Burlington. The interview went well, despite my being over-qualified for the bakeshop position I was seeking. I should be hearing back from Laura with her decision quite soon. It's strange, but I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing. If I don't get the job, I don't think I will be terribly upset. My plans and dreams of moving to Vermont are, sadly, on hold at the moment due to my incredible lack of funding. Maybe another summer on the beaches of NH isn't such a bad idea...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment